North-West University of South Africa
- 1 Introduction of North-West University:
- 2 Overview of North-West University:
- 3 Admission requirements for North-West University:
- 4 Teaching Methods of North-West University:
- 5 Student Life at North-West University:
- 6 Part-time work at North-West University:
- 7 Fees in North-West University:
- 8 History of North-West University:
- 9 Summary:
Introduction of North-West University:
North-West University was established on 1st January 2004. North-West University is becoming one of the largest universities in South Africa. It has three campuses at Potchefstroom, Mahikeng, and Vanderbijlpark on South Africa. It is university built to form the University of North-West (formerly the University of Bophuthatswana) and the Potchefstroom University for Christian Higher Education.
It is university became one of the largest university. The head office of the University is situated at this located on Potchefstroom Campus. The Faculty of Humanities includes Basic Sciences and Educational Sciences, Positive Psychology, Water Research, Processing Language, Resilience, Multilingualism, Public Affairs Research on Service Delivery and Understanding.
Overview of North-West University:
The programme is divided into two faculties, means the Faculty of Humanities, and the Faculty of Theology, the Faculty of Economic Sciences and Information Technology. In North-west university are focus programmes on sciences, economics, commerce, information technology, social science, languages and the humanities. North-West University has its own Cricket Academy, Cycling Academy as well as a rowing club registered with Rowing South Africa.
It has 64,081 number of students.
Admission requirements for North-West University:
Admission to study at Northwest University is given to applicants meeting the University admissions requirements. The University does not believe, sex, race, age, national or ethnic origin, or physical disability in making admissions decisions.
In order to be admission to Undergraduate study at Northwest University the international applicant must:
- Complete the Application form and pay a $30 USD non-refundable application fee.
- Be a high school graduate or be eligible for graduation prior to attending Northwest University.
- Submit High School transcripts.
- Submit writings from any previous College or University work in English.
- Submit a TOEFL score taken within the period of six months preceding to the application.
The University undergraduate program is minimum 80 scores on the internet exam required for admission to the University. To take admission is consider SAT score rather than a TOFEL score. Students who do not meet the minimum TOEFL requirement may choose to enroll in the Center for English Language Education at NU for language training prior to their university matriculation.
All students are must buy health insurance through with Northwest University.
Teaching Methods of North-West University:
The design, development, and presentation of unique formal qualification and non-formal short learning programmes are key pillars of the teaching & learning initiatives of the Center.
Initiatives to advance the relevance of teaching-learning include:
- Exposure of facilitators to alternative teaching-learning initiatives, including action learning, blended learning, and e-learning.
- Liaising with industry in order to develop practice-oriented curricula and learning material.
- Exposure to “unique markets” (working learners) and associated opportunities.
- Alignment of formal and non-formal programmes to establish alternative “learner pathways”; and Increase access to tertiary education.
Student Life at North-West University:
A lively, interactive residential life
A safe and problem free campus in a modern student city
Moral support in times of crisis
Great sports facilities and equipment
The North-West University is an art and culture hub
Fun hangouts and leisure facilities where everyone knows everyone else and become friends for life
The North West University brings their unique student life and with the best flow rate figures in the country.
Part-time work at North-West University:
At this University, we understand that students work for a variety of reasons. So, North-West university give different types of part-time jobs opportunities, like
- Paid Children’s Ministry Worker(4 Hours per Week)
- Youth/Children’s Pastor(20 Hours per Week)
- Female Student Coordinator(10-20 Hours per Week)
- Rain City Church Middle School Team Lead(10 Hours per Week)
- Rain City Church Kids Operations(6 Hours per Week)
- Children’s Ministry Director(30 Hours per Week).
Fees in North-West University:
First payment of tuition fees
First payment of boarding fees
Minimum amount payable before
History of North-West University:
The North-west university is officially established on 1 January 2004. In our case, this saw a historically white and black university come to merge to create a new university where South Africans from all walks of life have come together.
The section to the unified NWU has been hailed as one of the most successful and stable higher education mergers in South Africa. Their coming together to form the North-West University (NWU) was a strong symbolic act of leveling and nation-building – and a highly effective one. The merger each year improved student pass rates, the NWU has produced a healthy financial surplus increased research output and risen in the corporate governance rankings for South African universities.
It is ordered indicates the culture of consultation at the North-West University, our clear vision, our effectual organization and leadership, values and mission, and the well-defined important and work plans we have successful to take the NWU into the future.
It was established on 1 January 2004. North-West University had an enrollment of over 73,414 students, in the 2016 academic year. North-west University mainly tries to focus on programmes in commerce, economic sciences, information technology, social science, languages, education and the humanities.
Useful Links regarding North-West University: